Account Director, Brand Partnerships
As a member of the department, the Account Director will lead a team tasked with developing and managing fully integrated revenue-based partnerships for dick clark’s slate of music and entertainment televised events.
The Account Director, Brand Partnerships will lead a team focused on account development during presale and account management during post sale. During presale the team will work with the creative brand strategy team to package show inventory and develop comprehensive presentations for prospective and incumbent clients following proactive efforts from the sales team, brand briefs, and/or RFPs submitted for consideration. In addition, once becoming sold business, the Account Director and their team will manage the day-to-day client accounts leading up to, during production and after events.
The Account Director must have a strong ability to communicate the logic and benefits of proposed programs to prospective clients and internal parties through verbal communication as well as through Keynote presentations, outlines, and/or through creative briefs within a short timeline.
The Account Director will also have a leadership role in overseeing the creation of comprehensive sales materials such as one sheets and general presentations in an effort to continue revenue growth and retention.
The Account Director, Brand Partnerships reports directly to the Vice President, Brand, Marketing & Digital Strategy. The Account Director will also attend calls, meetings and complete tasks at the direction of the department’s Executive Vice President.
- Report to and communicate daily with the VP, Brand, Marketing & Digital Strategy
- Lead the team in identifying and developing client brand strategies primarily across DCP’s core slate of live programming: New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, The Golden Globe Awards, Academy of Country Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, American Music Awards and The Streamy Awards
- Lead the management and development of key accounts
- Lead team in implementation of strategy into sales materials for presentations to incumbent and prospective clients
- Lead development and discussion of formulated brand strategies with Valence Media sales team and other key stakeholders
- Day to day management of requests for proposals and development of proactive pitches from DCP partners, network partners, and Valence divisions
- Collaborate with creative strategists to develop campaign creative for proposals and pitches
- Lead development and creative discussion with internal DCP teams to ensure feasibility. Internal teams include but are not limited to production, PR, legal and finance
- Lead transition and management of sold business execution across internal teams including but not limited to production, PR, legal and finance
- Lead discussion of both brand strategy, creative and eventual execution with DCP network and other show partners
- Client-facing management throughout execution of programs and campaigns
- Provide extensive support in the development of program P&L’s to ensure accuracy
- Work with Content Strategy and Partnerships teams to identify available sales inventory
- Track and manage total sales inventory
- Attend and contribute to sales calls and meetings at the direction of the EVP and VP, Brand and Marketing Partnerships
- In conjunction with the VP, manage the duties of the Sr. Manager and Managers
- Minimum 5 years of proven client/account and/or client/brand strategy experience or other relevant experience (preferably from a broadcast network, brand, publisher, or production company)
- Experience in leading a team and a passion for collaboration
- Strong broadcast television experience including in both media and integrated marketing
- Production and/or live event experience
- Passion for television, music, fashion, and all things pop culture is a must
- A demonstrated, innate understanding of social media content and platforms both on the editorial and paid ends
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while delivering results
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts
- Commitment to excellence: working non-standard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to communicate the logic and benefits of an idea, decision, or project to senior leadership, clients, reports, and counterparts
- Strong analytical skills along with the ability to think strategically and creatively and a healthy appreciation for the unknown
- Experience developing ideas that forge strong emotional connections between brand and consumer
- Commitment to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and physiologically safe work environment
- An enthusiastic Google Doc/Sheet user
- Strong experience using Keynote
- Working knowledge of design programs (e.g., Photoshop)
No Phone Calls. No agencies please. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. dick clark productions offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
dick clark productions is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org